PETR SHVETSOV (b. 1970, Leningrad, USSR). Lives & works in St. Petersburg. Works with painting and graphics. One of the very few of his generation, he uses old-fashioned technique and seeks new opportunities in it.
The main goal of his art is to make beauty, which is so few around. Petr Shvetsov searches for the lost harmony and turns to the past.
His art is expressive that is why he still manages to shock, touch the audience on the raw, that stands ready for anything.
- Kohler Art Library. University of Wisconsin at Madison
- University of California Library, St. Barbara
- Institute of Contemporary Russian Culture, Los Angeles
- University of Iowa Library at Iowa City
- The State Russian Museum, St. Petersburg
- National Library of Russia, St. Petersburg
- City of Odense, Denmark
- British Library
- Sakson State Library, Dresden
- State Library, Berlin
- New York Public Library
- The Lilly Library, University of Indiana at Bloomington
- Leningrad Secondary Art School (now St. Petersburg State Academic Art Lyceum named after Boris Ioganson).
- Member of the St. Petersburg Union of Artists since 1992.